Pendulums are an ancient tool and is the most commonly used tool for Divination that is used for dowsing.Pendulums help you connect for spiritual healing and inner growth, providing a way to reveal answers to questions that you otherwise may not be able to find.
What is a Pendulum?
They are usually Crystals on the end of a string, chain or a rope but it can also be made from wood or metal too and always should hang hang symmetrically so the weight of the pendulum doesn't change the direction of the swing.
Choosing the right Pendulum:
Think what type of pendulumyou would like, the most popular ones are Crystal pendulums. It's best to choose a Crystal pendulum that you resonate with. For me I love to work with the Rose Quartz Crystal. If you can visit a shop and that sells Crystal pendulums, hold each pendulum and see how it feels for you. If you don't have access to a shop that sells pendulums then take a look at some of our examples and our pendulum collection here.
Here are some beautiful examples:
- Shungite Pendulum
- Amethyst Pendulum
- Rose Quartz Pendulum
- 7 Chakra 3 Piece Joint Pendulum
- Black Agate Pendulum
How do you use a Pendulum?
- Cleansing: Firstly it's important to cleanse your pendulum (If you have a crystal pendulum then we have a Crystal Cleansing guide here) as it will take on energy from the environment and what it touches.
- Position yourself: Find a comfortable place to sit and sit up straight with your feet flat on the floor and begin to relax.
- Prepare your mind: You can do this by taking a few deep breaths to ground and center yourself.
- Identity the "Yes" and "No": You will need to identify the Pendulums yes or no responses. Start this by holding your pendulum above your palm of your hand and asking simple questions you know the answers for. I ask questions like: Is my name Jamie? Or Do I have a sister? Take a note of what happens after each question. The pendulum should move in the horizontal, vertical or circular direction. (Circular is usually neutral)
- Ask your questions: Start asking your questions remembering that the pendulum can answer only yes or no questions. Ensure you have a calm and clear mind, the more you work with your pendulum the better results you will get.
What's your experience with pendulums? Did you find this article helpful? Feel free to leave a comment below!